LexisNexis Middle East, in collaboration with the Omani Lawyers Association and Omani British Lawyers Association, hosted the 4th Oman Business Law Forum at the Novotel Muscat Airport Hotel in Muscat, Oman. The conference was supported by our Gold Sponsors, S & A Law Firm.
The conference covered the latest legal developments and trends in Oman and gathered leading professionals from the Omani legal and business community. Topics included:
- Real Estate in Integrated Tourism Complexes in Oman
- Foreign Investment post-COVID in light of the new FCIL and its 2020 Executive Regulations
- Labour Law Developments and Omanisation
- Arbitration and the New the Oman Commercial Arbitration Centre
- New Regulations for Public Joint Stock Companies (Oman Decision No. 27/2021)
Thank you to all speakers for helping us in furthering legal knowledge in Oman.
- Paul Sheridan, Chairman, OBLA (Omani British Lawyers Association)
- Dr Mohammed Ibrahim, Chairman, OLA (Omani Lawyers Association)
- Sarah Haddadi, Head of Rule of Law Business, LexisNexis MENA
- Ali Al Rashdi, Partner, Head of Dispute Resolution Practice and Head of Maritime Law Practice, S & A Law Firm
- Abdullah Al Nabhani, Partner, Head of Criminal Law Practice and Head of Employment Law Practice, S & A Law Firm
- Ahmed Al Abri, Partner, Head of Insurance Law Practice and Head of Tax Practice, S & A Law Firm
- Dhana Pillai, Partner, Al Hashmi Law
- Said Al Shahry, Founder and Managing Partner, Said Al Shahry & Partners (SASLO)
- Edward Butler, Partner, Hamad Al Sharji Peter Mansour & Co
- Raiyan Al-Toky, S & A Law Firm
- John Riddick, Partner, Knights plc
Thank you to our partners, sponsors and attendees for making the conference a success! The photos from the conference are available below!