Dubai, UAE – 23 March 2022
LexisNexis Middle East is pleased to announce the success of our first-ever Women in Law Awards held on 23 February 2022 at The Westin Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Sponsored by Yungo Legal Consultants, New York University (NYU) Abu Dhabi, Al Tamimi & Company, HFW Middle East, DLA Piper, and Phoenix Advisors, the Women in Law Awards celebrate women’s achievements in legal practice in the GCC.
The awards categories had been divided into two sections ⸺ company awards and individual awards. This was to ensure that all components of Women in Law were being celebrated. The winners in each category were announced at the gala dinner and awards ceremony on 23 February 2022. The winners are as follows:
LAW FIRM AND COMPANY CATEGORIES:
- Legal Department of the Year (Small Team) – Dubai Future Foundation
- Legal Department of the Year (Large Team) – Novartis
- Law Firm of the Year (Regional Firm) – Fichte & Co
- Law Firm of the Year (International Firm) – Baker & McKenzie
- Equality Initiative of the Year – Gateley for its Equal Pay Initiative
- General Counsel of the Year – Francesca Gori, Accenture
- Legal Counsel of the Year – Elizabeth Williamson, Accenture
- Arbitration Lawyer of the Year – Pamela McDonald, Pinsent Masons
- Banking, Finance & Restructuring Lawyer of the Year – Dalia Nammari, Linklaters
- Construction Lawyer of the Year – Brittney Nash, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP
- Corporate Lawyer of the Year – Sonia Abdul-Rahmen, White & Case
- Employment Lawyer of the Year – Thenji Moyo, Gateley UK LLP
- Litigator of the Year – Sarah Malik, SOL International Ltd
- Rising Star – Legal Counsel of the Year – Nasim Bazari, Novartis
- Rising Star – Private Practice Lawyer of the Year – Jenan Banahi, DLA Piper
- Private Practice Lawyer of the Year – Alexandra Aikman, Pinsent Masons
- Law Firm Leader of the Year – Diana Hamade, Diana Hamade Law Attorneys at Law
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Rukhsana Khan, Westway Law
- Legal Services Innovator of the Year – Amna Al Owais, Chief Registrar at DIFC Courts
- Professional Achievement Award– Linda Fitz-Alan, Registrar & Chief Executive at ADGM Arbitration Centre
- Woman of the Year – Her Royal Highness Princess Hala Bint Khaled Bin Sultan Al-Saud
Over 150 women – all legal practitioners or otherwise active in the legal industry in the GCC – entered for an award in 20 different categories of law practice. LexisNexis Middle East thanks all the women who submitted an entry; their participation has made these awards successful. Thank you for joining us as we celebrate women’s achievements in the GCC! We are pleased to announce the date for the next edition, 2 March 2023!
Visit the LexisNexis Women in Law Awards website for more information.