UpcomingAnti-Money Laundering: Enforcement and Regulation in the UAE and Gulf | Online Training | 26 May 2021 | 09:30AM to 11:30AM (UAE time)
Attend the training and earn 2 CLPD Accredited points!
The new anti-money laundering (AML) law of the UAE took effect at the end of October 2018. Containing features recommended by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), the new law introduces subtle but important changes to the AML landscape in the UAE. LexisNexis Middle East, in partnership with the DIFC Academy and Taylor Wessing, will host a training course on AML: Enforcement and Regulation in the UAE and Gulf.
During the session, the following will be covered:
- Rules and Regulations
- Importance of international cooperation to combat Money Laundering
- UAE Authorities’ efforts to prevent Money Laundering
- Significant Money Laundering cases in the UAE
- International and Local Banks’ obligations with respect to suspicious transactions
- UAE Central Bank Law
Julia Ofer, Senior Associate, Taylor Wessing
- Anti-Money Laundering: Enforcement and Regulation in the UAE and Gulf
09:30 (UAE time) - 11:30 (UAE time)