Expired Webinar: Crises and the Impact on Financial Transactions | 28 April 2020
With the heightened interest in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the increased global impact, it remains LexisNexis Middle East’s priority continue to support the legal community during this difficult time.
Join LexisNexis and DWF on 28 April from 12PM to 1PM (UAE time) for a web-based panel discussion on financial transactions and the impact that a global crisis, such as COVID-19, could potentially have on these transactions and the strategies to employ to overcome uncertain times. During the panel discussion, we look at:
- Action plan for reviewing financial documents in view of a crisis, such as COVID-19.
- Restructuring financial transactions
- Force Majeure in financial transactions
Umera Ali – Partner and Head of Banking & Finance (Middle East), DWF
Robert Drolet – Consultant – Technology, Media & Legal, Kuwait Projects Co
Bhavin Shah – Partner, Financial Services, Roland Berger Middle East
Shehzaad Sacranie – Deputy Chief Legal Officer, The Saudi British Bank (SABB)
The panel discussion will be moderated by LexisNexis.
LEXISNEXIS MIDDLE EAST – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INSIGHTS
The LexisNexis Middle East team has developed the following Coronavirus (COVID-19) insights addressing emerging issues across a variety of practice areas.
- COVID-19 Toolkit (for subscribers) (access here)
- Free COVID-19 Resource Kit (1) (access here)
- Free COVID-19 Resource Kit (2) (access here)
- Coronavirus and the potential application of the concept of Force Majeure in the GCC – Dr. Talal Aladwani
- UAE insolvency landscape post COVID-19 pandemic – Peter Bowring
- Measures taken by Saudi Arabia to combat COVID-19 – Dr. Qaisar H Metawea & Lamisse Bajunaid
- Amendments to the Kuwait Law of Civil and Commercial procedures – Dr. Talal AlAdwani
- Catching COVID-19 deemed force majeure by French court – Prof. Luc Gynbaum
- Coronavirus and the Rule of Law: A Warning From History – Ian McDougall
- COVID-19: Challenges for the Legal Profession
- The legal consequences of COVID-19 on your contracts: Force Majeure in different jurisdictions and industries
Checklists & Flowcharts
- Key Operational & VAT aspects Businesses in the GCC should consider in response to the COVID-19 crisis – Checklist
- COVID-19 and Data Privacy (Oman) – Checklist
- COVID-19: Navigating the new world of working remotely, self-isolation and sick pay – Flowchart
- COVID-19: How to Lead Through Change – Q&A
- COVID-19 and UAE property law
- What will the legal landscape look like post COVID-19 and what should we expect from a business perspective?
- Force Majeure Clause
- Force Majeure and Business Continuity Clause
Lexis Middle East subscribers have access to our daily news stream, which includes COVID-19 legal updates. These updates can be accessed here or in the ‘Legal News’ module of Lexis Middle East.
LexisNexis MENA COVID-19 Blog
The LexisNexis Middle East team has also launched a blog on developments on COVID-19 in the Middle East, which can be accessed here.
LexisNexis Global Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Kits
Readers can also access direct links (here) to the LexisNexis Global COVID-19 Resource Kits from our teams in USA, UK, Canada, France & Australia.
Venue: LexisNexis Webinar
Venue Website: https://www.lexis.ae/training-events/
Webinar: Crises and the Impact on Financial Transactions
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM