UpcomingThe Qatar Civil Code For Common Law Practitioners | Online Training | 23 September 2021 | 11AM to 1PM (Gulf Standard Time)
The Civil Law and the Common Law systems reflect two different perspectives of the legal process and legal reasoning. The Qatar Civil Code is a cornerstone of Qatar’s legal system and it is essential for Common Law practitioners to be aware of certain principal components and pitfalls to avoid.
Join LexisNexis Middle East in partnership with Sultan Al-Abdullah & Partners for a practical course on Civil Code basics in Qatar.
- Origins of the Qatar Civil Code
- Civil Law contracts – Basic principles and pitfalls to avoid
- Construction law contracts and the Civil Code, with particular attention to damages, decennial liability, termination and penalties
- Contractual interpretation and the notion of precedent in Civil Law
- Future developments
William Cattan, Senior Partner, Sultan Al-Abdulla & Partners
IN COLLABORATION WITH
- The Qatar Civil Code For Common Law Practitioners
11:00 (Gulf Standard Time) - 13:00 (Gulf Standard Time)