ExpiredA Look at Nonconventional Trademarks | Online Training | 30 September 2020 | 09:30AM to 11:30AM
Attend the training and earn 2 CLPD Accredited points!
A nonconventional trademark, also known as a nontraditional trademark, is any new type of trademark which does not belong to a pre-existing, conventional category of trade mark, and which is often difficult to register, but which may nevertheless fulfil the essential trademark function of uniquely identifying the commercial origin of products or services.
LexisNexis, in partnership with CWB Legal and the DIFC Academy, will host a course on nonconventional trademarks. During this training session, we will look at examples of nonconventional trademarks in the UAE and provide practical guidance for registering these types of trademarks. Topics to be covered include:
- Types of nonconventional trademarks
- The development of nonconventional trademarks in the law
- The use of nonconventional trademarks in the UAE
- Regulating nonconventional trademarks in the UAE
Theuns van de Merwe, Partner, CWB Legal
- A Look at Nonconventional Trademarks
09:30 (UAE time) - 11:30 (UAE time)