LexisNexis, in collaboration with King & Spalding Law and the DIFC Academy is running a training programme on everything you need to know about investing in the UAE and Gulf, from the Laws to the latest trends. This training programme includes three courses, covering theoretical and practical aspects.
» Course 1 : Mergers & Acquisitions in the UAE and the Gulf
» Course 2 : Private Equity Investments in the Gulf
» Course 3 : Joint Ventures
3 November 2019
|Mergers & Acquisitions in the UAE and the Gulf
- Highlight recent successful mergers and acquisitions
- Common due diligence issues in popular investment sectors and update on recent legislation and its impact on M&A.
- Innovative transaction structures for M&A and joint ventures including the utilization of the Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM) and the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC).
- Most commonly negotiated provisions in regional sale and purchase agreements and regional trends in M&A and privatizations.
4 November 2019
|Private Equity Investments in the Gulf
- Investment in various asset classes:
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Real estate
- Energy and infrastructure (incl. projects)
- Innovative Investment Structures in the Gulf
- Earn-outs, exits and other common private equity issues.
- The UAE foreign direct investment law and its impact on private equity.
5 November 2019
|Joint Ventures in the Gulf
We will focus on:
- structuring considerations and typical joint venture structures (including enforceability issues and the use of ADGM structures and investment funds);
- contributions to the joint venture and the manner in which such contributions can be completed;
- the board of directors and its operation;
- dividend policy, preparation of budgets and other financial information and how they affect joint venture operations;
- reserved matters and voting thresholds for both board and shareholder meetings;
- dealing in shares (including lock-up periods);
- exit mechanisms including drag-along and tag-along rights;
- restrictive covenants;
- deadlock resolution and default resolution (including, amongst others, Russian Roulette and Dutch Auction provisions).
In addition, if time allows, we can discuss the documentation of joint venture economics through the use of hurdle-rates, waterfalls, catch-ups and similar.
Venue Phone: +971 4 401 9324
Venue Website: https://academy.difc.ae
Dubai International Financial Centre, The Gate Village, Building 02, Dubai, United Arab Emirates