CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) MIDDLE EAST UPDATES – OMAN
LexisNexis continues to support the legal community during this difficult time. With the heightened interest in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the increasingly fast changes and developments experienced across the Middle East, LexisNexis is implementing a regular update on how each GCC country is responding to the pandemic and what these measures mean to businesses and individuals.
Join LexisNexis, Omani British Lawyers Association, and Al Hashmi Law on 20 April from 5PM to 6PM (UAE & Oman time) for an update on legal developments in Oman where we will discuss:
- The latest legal developments related to the fight against the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Which strategies to employ to overcome these uncertain times.
Expert: Dhana Pillai, Head of Property, Tax and Project Finance, Al Hashmi Law
IN COLLABORATION WITH
WEBINAR SERIES: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) MIDDLE EAST UPDATES – PROGRAMME
|Qatar COVID-19 Update||15 April 2020||5PM to 6PM (UAE time)
4PM to 5PM (Qatar time)
|Oman COVID-19 Update||20 April 2020||5PM to 6PM (UAE & Oman time)||View||Register here|
|Bahrain COVID-19 Update||21 April 2020||5PM to 6PM (UAE time)
4PM to 5PM (Bahrain time)
|KSA COVID-19 Update||22 April 2020||5PM to 6PM (UAE time)
4PM to 5PM (KSA time)
|UAE COVID-19 Update||27 April 2020||11AM to 12PM (UAE time)||View||Register here|
|Kuwait COVID-19 Update||29 April 2020||11AM to 12PM (UAE time)
10AM to 11AM (Kuwait time)
LEXISNEXIS MIDDLE EAST – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INSIGHTS
The LexisNexis Middle East team has developed the following Coronavirus (COVID-19) insights addressing emerging issues across a variety of practice areas.
- COVID-19 Toolkit (for subscribers) (access here)
- Free COVID-19 Resource Kit (1) (access here)
- Free COVID-19 Resource Kit (2) (access here)
- Coronavirus and the potential application of the concept of Force Majeure in the GCC – Dr. Talal Aladwani
- UAE insolvency landscape post COVID-19 pandemic – Peter Bowring
- Measures taken by Saudi Arabia to combat COVID-19 – Dr. Qaisar H Metawea & Lamisse Bajunaid
- Amendments to the Kuwait Law of Civil and Commercial procedures – Dr. Talal AlAdwani
- Catching COVID-19 deemed force majeure by French court – Prof. Luc Gynbaum
- Coronavirus and the Rule of Law: A Warning From History – Ian McDougall
- COVID-19: Challenges for the Legal Profession
- The legal consequences of COVID-19 on your contracts: Force Majeure in different jurisdictions and industries
Checklists & Flowcharts
- Key Operational & VAT aspects Businesses in the GCC should consider in response to the COVID-19 crisis – Checklist
- COVID-19 and Data Privacy (Oman) – Checklist
- COVID-19: Navigating the new world of working remotely, self-isolation and sick pay – Flowchart
- COVID-19: How to Lead Through Change – Q&A
- COVID-19 and UAE property law
- What will the legal landscape look like post COVID-19 and what should we expect from a business perspective?
- Force Majeure Clause
- Force Majeure and Business Continuity Clause
Lexis Middle East subscribers have access to our daily news stream, which includes COVID-19 legal updates. These updates can be accessed here or in the ‘Legal News’ module of Lexis Middle East.
LexisNexis MENA COVID-19 Blog
The LexisNexis Middle East team has also launched a blog on developments on COVID-19 in the Middle East, which can be accessed here.
LexisNexis Global Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Kits
Readers can also access direct links (here) to the LexisNexis Global COVID-19 Resource Kits from our teams in USA, UK, Canada, France & Australia.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Middle East Updates - Oman
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM