Head of Property, Tax and Project Finance, Al Hashmi Law
Areas of expertise
Tax Law; Islamic Finance; Privacy and Data Protection Law
- LL.B, Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Tamil Nadu, India
- LL.M, Adv. in International Taxation, International Tax Centre of Leiden University, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Admitted to the bar of State of Tamil Nadu, India
- Dhana started her practice as a junior lawyer before the Supreme Court of India in the year 2004 assisting on Income Tax, Economic Scams and Custom Duty matters. During her study period in the Netherlands, she worked with IBFD on their publications on Indian Tax Judgements. After completing an LLM Adv. in International Taxation from the Netherlands, she worked with Deloitte for four years in Rotterdam, Bangalore and Muscat, and then with Dentons for four years in Muscat. She was working with OMRAN, the Oman government’s arm for developing Tourism in Oman, and she was the legal adviser for their mixed use waterfront developments.
- Dhana joined Al Hashmi Law in 2017 as the Head of Property, Tax and Project Finance. Dhana has been writing in Islamic Finance News, a daily magazine since 2018 on topics relating to Islamic Finance and Tax. Dhana gives guest lectures at Modern College for Business Studies and is a member of Energy Majlis organized by the Netherlands Embassy in Oman and presents on renewable energy project financing and Renewable Energy Certificates. She is a member of World Pranic Healing Association and is a patron of Katha Organisation in India that promotes reading habits in children under the age of 12 through StoryPedagogy. Dhana lives with her two children in the capital city of Oman.