Senior Associate (Corporate and Commercial), Fichte & Co Legal
Areas of Expertise:
• International transactions
• Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
• Joint Ventures
• Corporate & Commercial
• Domestic and International Arbitration
• Technology, Media, Telecom
• Property Development and Construction
Dr. Laura Voda is part of the corporate and commercial practice group at the Dubai office of the firm. She has over 10 years’ experience in the region and has advised clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including international transactions, cross border M&A, regulatory and compliance, ventures, business expansions and real estate. She also holds a notable experience in arbitration, both domestic and international, having represented clients in comprehensive commercial and real estate claims.
Prior to joining Fichte &Co., she has worked for few major investment conglomerates in the region and gained valuable experience while heading the corporate and commercial practice of several law firms in Dubai. In her over 17 years career span, she acted across various jurisdictions in the European Union, having a recognized experience in advising high net worth individuals or working at the crossroads of multiple systems of Law. In addition, she has worked for governmental institutions and for intergovernmental organizations as well.
She holds a master’s and a PhD in International Law and has studied in prestigious institutions across Europe and Asia. Laura has a keen interest in niche areas of Law, such as the Law of the Sea, Outer Space Law or in the legal aspects of disruptive technologies such as blockchain or technology, where she is currently specializing.
She is a book author and university lecturer in the field of Law. She is also a habitual contributor to various legal publications and legal training programs.
Events this person is involved with:
- Webinar: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Middle East Updates | UAE | 27 April 2020
- Developments in Commercial Contracts | 23 June 2020, Online Training
- How Best to Limit Liability in Contracts | Online Training | 28 September 2020 | 09:30AM to 11:30AM
- Commercial Contracts - Best Practice and Common Pitfalls | Online Training | 29 June 2021 | 09:30AM to 11:30AM (UAE time)
- Execution of Documents: Pitfalls and Best Practices | Online Training | 16 February 2021 | 09:30AM to 11:30AM (UAE time)
- New Commercial Companies Law - UAE Federal Law by Decree No. 32 of 2021 | Online Training | 21 December 2021 | 09:30AM to 11:30AM (Gulf Standard Time)