Founding Partner Aurifer Middle East Tax Consultancy
In Thomas’s tax career spanning more than a decade, prior to coming to the Gulf, he has worked at tier 1 tax law firms in Brussels and Paris. He provides high quality and innovative tax advice to clients.
He has been involved in several high profile deals and has worked for blue chip and quoted companies and institutions in various sectors (financial sector, real estate sector, retail, manufacturing and the public sector).
In recent years he was heavily involved in European tax policy projects, as well as in projects with several European governments. Thomas also played a key role in drafting the current Saudi Arabia VAT Law.
Thomas teaches VAT in the first Tax LL.M in the Gulf at Paris Sorbonne Abu Dhabi. He also joined his former university, the renowned Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, in teaching an introductory course on tax law to master students. He publishes regularly in international books and tax technical magazines and is a regular speaker at international events.
Thomas holds a law degree of the Catholic University of Leuven (cum laude) and a tax masters degree of Solvay Business School (magna cum laude). He is hands-on, proactive and combines an extensive technical skill set with a sound understanding of what makes businesses tick.
Events this person is involved with:
- UAE VAT Programme
- Tax Summer Camp – UAE Edition | 18 to 26 August 2020
- Tax Series Certificate: Tax Legislation and Applied Practices – Saudi Arabia Edition | Online Training | 29 September to 21 October 2020
- Webinar | A Comparative Analysis on the Latest Taxation Developments in the GCC | 5 October 2020 | 4PM to 5PM (UAE & Oman time) / 3PM to 4PM (Bahrain & KSA time)
- Webinar | Insight into Oman's New VAT Law | 19 October 2020 | 12PM to 1PM
- Webinar | Taxation in Oman | 17 March 2021 | 5PM to 6PM
- Economic Substance Requirements (ESR) for Law Firms | Online Training | 21 April 2021 | 10AM to 12PM (UAE time)